Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fw: 2008 MINI WORLD & WORLD RESULTS...

Change 1: The hangers as you discussed in following e-mails allow for vertical (float or flat) aimpoint manipulation. I talked to Mitch Simpson today at the range and he was walking me through the procedure.

What I'll attempt with my new gun. Shoot the gun with a stick (tall hunting bipod) or solid bench mount. I shot the 682 from the tailgate of my toyota to have a good base in attempt to remove any of my mount errors. It worked well because when I mounted the gun and shot my normal stance I noticed the difference in the pattern location. Pattern was the same but it matched my slight cant to the right.

Anyway, I forgot the hangers on K-guns were the primary method of adjusting the vertical aimpoint.

The guns looks great and the trigger provides a completly different level of confidence. The rib and sight picture will take a little time to adjust to but I like having a slightly raised sight picture. No panic when the bird drops below the rib. I still have space to pickup the bird.


CLN






Kevin,

I just got off the pattern board a little while ago and I'm seeing similar results. After adjusting the butt plate and the comb, the bottom barrel is spot on 70/30 (centered). The top barrel is a different story. I've tried Remington and Winchester ammo and the Remington patterns better, but I'm getting 30/70 and left (low left). After making some fine adjustments on the comb and the butt plate I know have the top barrel centered but, 4-6 inches low (centered).

I spoke with Darron about it, and I think I'm going to go back on Sunday and use the 12 ga (I was using 20 ga inserts earlier today) barrels by themselves and see what happens. Hopefully, the results won't be too different from what I was running into with the 20 ga inserts.

I would tell you that for your left-to-right corrections, I found small corrections on the comb work best. But the up-down, I found that butt plate corrections don't help much other than change the way the gun feels in the shoulder. The comb however, I find helps with minor corrections. I couldn't get very good results even with making major comb adjustments. Only thing I got out of that was a Darron (sore check)!

If anyone else has anything to add, I'm not by any means an expert at this, but I thought I'd share my two cents.

Thoughts ????


-Rob



Rob,

Looks OK on my end, not good but I accept the scores. I would like to say that I had a great time with everyone during the MINI and MAIN. I will be sending my K-80 in to have double release triggers put in it. I patterned my K-80 and found my bottom barrel shoots a 70/30 split to the left and center while my top barrel shoots a 60/40 split center and high, how do I adjust my bottom barrel to shoot same place as my top barrel? Once you all set your shooting schedule please let me know. My MCCS told me they will help with costs, not sure exactly how much but I do want to come up to NC once or twice to shoot with you all. I am thinking the Zone, Kreighoff masters, Don Bullock and maybe going up to the great Eastern.?. Your thoughts? I am also getting with MCCS to run a Tri Command Skeet inturmural match. I look forward to shooting with everyone. Take care and shoot straight!!!!

Kevin

1 comment:

The Fains said...

I think I need the password to post stuff